The Gomez Collection
. The clothing
would suggest circa 1930's? Any
suggestions? This boat has 7 struts holding the canopy up,
whereas the boat in the O'Donnell Collection does not show anywhere
many(4?), though the lines of both boats are very similar.
Gomez knows the boat's had many refurbishments, originally being steam
powered, followed by diesel, then petrol (and in the case of another
similar boat, the EMS
Rubeena, it has been coverted to electric powered).
was originally a very flash cruise boat which ELR brought over the
closed sand bar and put in the lake as a work boat towing barges and
then turned it into a passenger craft as is featured here.
Second from the left is E.L.R.Roberts the original owner and developer
(1909) of the glassworks,with his two sons Gilbert and Stanley.
This photograph was taken circa. 1930 outside the glassworks
site, looking east.
Slightly over our modern bag limits here.
It has now been suggested that this bridge is at Hospital Creek, now
Jonsons Road, Tostaree.
(Thanks Theresa and Ian). Any clues on the
make of the car? However we do know that it was the first coach
trip between Lakes Entrance and the Buchan Caves.
Lake Tyers House with the cast iron lace work still in place.
big cyprus growing on the left, the fence has gone, and the two
previous trees replaced with the four smaller trees we see here. The
place of the house can be identified from the water by looking across
the crowns of the Eucalypts and looking for a the top of a huge Norfolk
Island Pine. The central plant pictured here maybe that very pine.
Some of the place names are not common now, what would we call this
Thanks to Jack Whadcoat for help in updating the information on thise