THE Arts project on
OK. So what is Float?
is a project to build a floating artists studio resident on Lake
Tyers. The pontoon style habitat will in itself be a creative
effort by many of the people in the district and will allow imaginative
and sensitive work to be generated "at one" with our beautiful
lake. FLOAT will sponsor a wide range of activities, and provide a
focal point for local people to raise the awareness of the arts in the
Lakes Entrance and Lake Tyers Beach area. It will literally
provide a platform for promotion of the Arts in East Gippsland. It is a
part of the the Small
project, and is part of a
collection of six energetic towns with inspired artistic communities
spread right across Victoria.
Well there is a
FLOAT ART@LTB Facebook Group
with an active discussion
session that you can join. The key mover and shaker in this
project is Andrea Lane
who has been one of the very active contributors to the success of the FROUTVILLE
highly popular events have been laying the foundation for a number of
years now, and fostering our local Arts communities.
The measure of the support from the community can be seen from this
photograph taken off the balcony of the Tavern, capturing all the people
who attended the launch of the project on 17th September, 2016.
(Picture courtesy of
and the FLOAT
This page will not try to keep abreast of the very latest information
concerning the FLOAT project, so please use the links above to read the
current FLOAT Facebook pages. However we do wish the FLOAT project
the very best outcomes and hope that many people enjoy the journey and
help build the profile of artistic endeavor in this area.
- FLOAT is an Arts Studio - for Lake-Loving artists in residence.
- FLOATing on our very own Lake Tyers!
- FLOAT will be an artwork in itself - created by local boat
builders and a team of artists.
- FLOAT will allow - weather observations, wildlife observation,
gathering data, telling stories.
- FLOAT will promote connections between the town and the Aboriginal
- FLOAT will have a year long program synchronised with the seasons.
- FLOAT will produce an artistic map by which to navigate and camp.
- FLOAT will kick start an Art camp to underpin the glamping social
- FLOAT will broadcast on an FM transmitter "Float-FM" the story to
- FLOAT will be launched globally in conjunction with the